Art of Giving Gala and Auction: Event Day

This was the event I spent the majority of my internship hours preparing for. Tons of time and resources went into creating a beautiful and memorable event and was so rewarding seeing it all come together. The lead-up to this event was at times stressful because of the amount of work and deadlines that needed to be met. On event day I was delegated a list of tasks and assigned the role of assistant event coordinator and assistant stage manager. I basically made sure everything that went on behind the scenes went smoothly and to help out wherever needed some attention or sprucing up.

The event was extremely successful, raising over $200,000 for student scholarships and more than 8,000 for the student Emergency Fund.

It was a very interesting experience to curate a space so rich people will feel inclined to spend/donate money and to feel like a good person because of it. It was a great learning experience for me, in the way that it taught me that creating an emotional connection can be a hugely effective tactic in fundraising and making an event so special as well as memorable.

Bellow are are few photos from the event.