week 2 assignment my experience with math

Cliff Robinson

Art Power and Math Action

09-28-16

Week 2 assignment My experience in math

Since I have graduated from a 2-year degree college it is safe to assume that I have math experience. I like everyone else had math classes in elementary school. middle school and high school. Math for whatever reason was never my best subject. It seems a little odd because I don’t mind numbers or even having to use them on a day to day basis or in my job. However, it is not one of my strong suites or academic subjects. I have had jobs that required me to use math and loved the opportunity but balancing numbers and making proper and or appropriate connections and computations just never came easy to me. With the exception to my elementary school days where I learned the basics and foundation on which to build on, I struggled through most of my academic math. I love balancing books and doing very basic bookkeeping but anything beyond basics and there is a very real possibility that I am going have some serious difficulty. In my high school years, I was extremely lucky to have teachers who were very patient and tolerant of the hard time I was having grasping various concepts in math. In college I avoided college level math like the plague. Evergreen having a broader non-conforming style of teaching mathematics is one of the many reasons I decided to attend here. In my day to day life I use basic math but any real extensive use of math is pretty nonexistent.