In the class I took last quarter ( It’s About Time) we read the first book in the Proust series and most of The Culture of Time an Space. We also studied the impressionist movement, then Trevor my former seminar leader came in and gave a lecture that I had already heard. It’s motley my own fault for picking a class with similar subject matter but i thought that there would be more of a variation. It is hard to stay motivated because it feels like I’m repeating a grade or something. Then again I could take this as an opportunity to dive deeper into what I have already studied and come out the other end with a multi-dimentional and in-depth understanding of Proust and the era his book was created.

I thought the guest lecture guy was pretentious and more focused on justifying why he was a landscaper than why he was in our lecture hall. He also seemed very close minded it seemed he only wanted to hear his ideas come out of other peoples mouths. I think a downside of studying something for so long is you build up these very solid ideas about it, and when fresh eyes start to explore what you have already concurred there isn’t any room for new ideas. All and all I am hoping that week 5 will be better that the previous weeks.