The Advanced Production Services (APS) area of Media Loan was designed to foster and support advanced students doing media intensive academic work. This area provides 16mm film production and editing equipment, HD digital video cameras, sound and lighting gear. In addition to Media Loan Policies, APS patrons must comply with the following APS policies and procedures to remain in good standing.
Return and Pickup of Checkouts are scheduled during these hours:
|Weeks 1 - 10||Return Checkouts||Pickup Checkouts|
|Monday||9 AM - Noon||1 PM - 4 PM|
|Wednesday||9 AM - Noon||1 PM - 4 PM|
|Friday||9 AM - Noon||1 PM - 4:30 PM|
Checking Out & Returning APS Equipment
- An APS work order must be filled out and submitted at least 24 hours in advance for checkout.
- APS work orders are processed and filled only during APS hours on a first-come, first served basis. Fill out work orders as soon as possible to help ensure that equipment is available. The APS staff reserves the right to refuse incomplete or inaccurate work orders.
- Checkouts are for two days. APS staff will schedule your return time.
- It is your responsibility to verify whether or not your work order was approved or denied. APS staff may not call you unless there is a problem with your work order.
- Equipment must be checked out during APS afternoon hours, at least 30 minutes before closing. Last minute transactions may be refused.
- Test equipment when checking out. Make sure that you have all necessary accessories for your production.
- It is assumed that equipment is in proper working order when leaving Media Loan. Once you leave the premises, it is your responsibility to return all items in good condition.
- Renewals are by work order only. Filling out a renewal work order does not guarantee that your equipment checkout will be renewed; be prepared to return the equipment.
- Equipment returns are during the APS morning hours. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before APS closes for lunch. It is advised that you remain and assist with checking in the equipment. This allows you to verify that all equipment has been returned and communicate any concerns with APS staff.
- Failure to return equipment during APS morning hours may result in loss of access privileges and late fines. Late fines begin to accrue one hour after equipment is due.
- APS equipment more than two days overdue may be declared lost and the replacement cost billed to your account, as well as all applicable late fees and non-refundable service fees. Police Services may be notified in this event in order to recover the equipment.
- As with any equipment you check out from Media Loan, you are responsible for 100% of the cost of repair of damage beyond normal wear and tear, or replacement of lost or stolen equipment.
- Fill out an APS Proficiency Form.
- You must read the Operating Guide and answer the Proficiency Test questions prior to your appointment or workshop.
Media Loan is not responsible for damage caused by misuse of equipment or use of defective equipment (i.e. fires caused by frayed cords, removed grounding plugs, overloaded household electrical circuits, etc…). Please be aware of safety considerations when using equipment.