This 637-acre site protects the best remaining example of the unusual rolling “mima mound” prairie landscape.
Time: 10am to 3pm
Location: Mima Mounds NAP, 7 miles south of Olympia
From south bound or north bound I-5:
Take exit 95, go West on Hwy 121 toward Littlerock. In Littlerock, continue west on 128th to “T”, Right on Waddell Creek Rd, Mima Mounds Natural Area Preserve entrance is about 1 mile on left.
About Mima Mounds:
Mima Mounds Natural Area Preserve supports a mysterious mounded landscape due to its unique topography. This site was designated a National Natural Landmark in 1968 by the National Park Service.
- Aid in facilities maintenance including repairs, sign and trail maintenance, and prairie restoration.
- Please bring work gloves, sturdy shoes, water, and dress for the weather. We’ll provide the tools.
- Light Refreshments provided
- This is an agency-approved volunteer event. Hours worked can apply toward earning a complimentary Discover Pass.
- For information, contact:
- Tanner Scrivens 360-791-1368
- Birdie Davenport