CLOSING DATE: 04/12/12 11:59 PM
SALARY: $3,117.00 – $4,088.00 Monthly
Location: Sherman Creek Wildlife Area in Kettle Falls
This position serves as the Assistant Wildlife Area Manager of the Swanson Lakes Wildlife
Area complex with duties performed in the Sherman Creek, LeClerc Creek, and West
Branch Little Spokane Wildlife Areas. The incumbent will assist with planning and
developing priorities and implementing the Sherman Creek and West Branch Little Spokane
Wildlife Area Management Plans, including all habitat, fish and wildlife, and recreational use management activities in the wildlife area. Other duties and responsibilities include:
· Participates in the development and management of the operational budget and makes recommendations for the capital budget. Purchases goods and services, obtains bids, and maintains budget records.
· Oversees and/or conducts road maintenance and submits information for Road
Maintenance and Abandonment Plans (RMAP). Completes PR reports, vehicle use reports, bulk fuel reports, and weekly activity reports.
· Manages the noxious weed control program for the wildlife area.
· Facilitates, manages, and monitors the public use on the wildlife area. Maintains signs, reader boards and kiosks.
· Reviews and comments on project proposals. Participates in the development of grant
proposals for funding enhancement, restoration, or other habitat or recreational use projects.
· Repairs and maintains vehicles, equipment, fences, buildings and facilities.
· Responds to wildfires on the wildlife area and serves as a WDFW representative to coordinate fire suppression activities with local fire districts, WA State Department of Natural Resources, or U.S. Forest Service personnel.