YMCA YOUNG ADULT SERVICES
THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At our 13 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200 program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three overarching goals drive our work: youth development, healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose values align with our organization: Respect, Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Supports young adults with experience in foster care or homelessness in developing the skills to live independently. Provides specialized support to young adults in education, employment/career development, experiential learning or other designated field. Develops strong collaborative community relationships and provides extensive information and referral services. Creates a welcoming and supportive environment in the YMCA Center for Young Adults.
KNOW HOW (minimum qualifications)
Bachelor’s degree and three years experience or Master’s degree with a minimum of one year of working with teens or young adults experience, or equivalent.
• Minimum three years experience working with teens or young adults in foster care, group care, housing, education, juvenile justice, anti-poverty, vocational support, mental health, chemical dependency and/or homelessness.
• Ability to teach effective independence skills for a variety of learning styles and to plan supportive activities.
• Strong youth engagement and relationship-
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to transport self and client(s) in a safe and effective manner, and to meet clients at community locations; proof of adequate vehicle insurance coverage is required, or ability to travel to areas without public transportation.
• Current state approved First Aid and CPR certification.*
• Current approved HIV blood borne pathogens training.*
• Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
• Provides specialized services to young adults in education, employment/career development, experiential learning or other designated field and supports them in achieving goals.
• Build strong relationships with Center members to effectively provide quality services.
• Develops individualized, strength-based, youth-driven service plans.
• Researches best practices in field; creates and maintains specialized resource library.
• Maintains clear, professional, timely participant contact notes, service plans, progress updates and other documentation.
• Teaches life skills individually and/or in groups. Teams effectively and collaboratively with YMCA staff and/or community partners to plan and facilitate activities, including visits to related resources in the community.
• Teams effectively with YMCA staff, caregivers and community providers.
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with community providers, businesses and/or educational institutions as related to specialized services.
• Ongoing analysis to ensure participants are served appropriately and contract outcomes attained. Maintains relationships with funding sources, as appropriate.
• Supports participant successful employment and/or completion of school.
• Participates in YMCA annual Partners with Youth fundraising campaign. Engages and supports volunteers and community members in the YMCA mission.
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health, dental, life and disability insurance; tuition assistance; 12% retirement fund contribution, when eligible.
• Apply online to yemployment.org or mail to 909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104-1194, Attention: Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We are a drug-free workplace.