Read BelowThe Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center in Seattle seeks a full time
Justice Education, Research & Advocacy Staff with knowledge of Catholic
Social Teaching, political systems, web-based technology and commitment
to social justice; who can manage all facets of a project, has skills in
researching, writing, editing, organizing and presenting.
* Expressed and demonstrated commitment to values and issues which
constitute the Intercommunity Peace and Justice Center’s mission.
* Advocacy, political and systemic change knowledge and experience *
Community organizing and community building experience * Community
or schools-based education and presentation experience * Research,
writing and editing experience * Website development and desktop
publishing skills including experience with Adobe Creative
Suite—Dreamweaver and InDesign * Knowledge of Catholic Social
Teaching and principles of Social Justice * Familiarity with
Catholic Church and Religious Institutions * Collaborative team work
* Ability to interface with the public in representing IPJC *
Ability to work in and express a faith-based perspective * Minimum
BA in Theology, Political Science or other field related to position
plus 5 years relevant experience
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Executive Director, coordinate projects,
* Editor: serve as editor of A Matter of Spirit (AMOS). Participate
in and takes minutes of editorial board meetings. Develop article
outlines, contact writers, coordinate/prepare in office contributions,
and edit articles. Collaborate with staff in publishing and mailing.
* Federal Legislative Action Research: Coordinate, research and prepare
legislative actions. * Website & Technology: Work in collaboration
with the operations manager to maintain and develop the IPJC website.
* Young Adults: Coordinate Justice Cafés. Research and develop
monthly host kits. Communicate with café hosts and develop new sites.
* Human Trafficking: Coordinate events, make presentations, develop
actions, and collaborate with community partners on human trafficking.
* Community Education: Research, develop, and provide community
education through publications and presentations.
Salary and Benefits
* $39,000 – $40,000 * Benefits include healthcare