The Director of Impact (DI), reports directly to the Executive Director and will play a crucial role on the senior management team of City Year
Seattle/King County. The DI ensures that CYSKC is delivering powerful impact in the schools and communities in which
we serve, and is responsible for leading the key activities of the
organization that focus on program (corps member development) and
service execution (in-school service implementation)
service delivery towards desired outcomes.
* Serve as a coach and advisor to the Program and Service team to advance their team leadership, external relations and service product implementation
* Provide a team of up to two Senior program Managers and two Program Managers,
as well as the Associate Director of Impact he/she will supervise, with
the support and coaching necessary to deliver high impact service and build strong relationships with community partners.
Oversee the supervisory relationship between Senior PMs and two
* Set and monitor clear and measurable objectives for staff to ensure effective planning and execution of programs.
* Develop, manage and coach Program Managers through daily contact, visits to
their schools, bi-weekly one-on-one meetings, beginning of year goal
setting, mid- and end-of-year performance reviews and supporting their participation in professional development opportunities.
* Collaborate with other pertinent staff to ensure all program and service related
staff and corps members are held to consistent standards and receive the support necessary to exceed their goals.
* Serve as a member of City Year Seattle/King County’s Senior Leadership Team.
Project Development, Implementation and Evaluation
* Gain in-depth knowledge of the City Year’s in-school service model, Seattle
and Washington State education standards, and research on the impact
that volunteers have on student success.
* Lead the process of evaluating existing service products and development of
new products in collaboration with site leadership, the national product team, and the national evaluation team.
* Lead school district leadership, school building leadership and CY program
staff in the establishment of common goals and a shared responsibility
for service outcomes.
* Lead the implementation of strategies to reach and exceed those goals.
* Regularly monitor progress at all service sites to ensure product implementation
is aligned with service goals and challenges are addressed in an
appropriate and timely manner.
* Respond to a variety of requests for information on team or school-specific programs, partnerships, and impact.
* Continuously seek to gain new knowledge of trends, research, and announcements in
public education, Seattle schools, and the national service movement.
* Partner Associate Director of Impact to support the timely collection of
student-level data and feedback from partners as outlined by the site
and by national departments.
Corps Development & Growth
· Provide support, direction and strategy to Associate Director of Impact in the
creation of the Corps Member strategic growth plan and implementation
· Build strong relationships with local experts and leaders in areas relevant
to corps member leadership, leverage those relationships to help provide an outstanding training and leadership experience for corps members.
· Serve as authority on primary decisions regarding corps member special requests, occurrences, dismissals, etc.
Relationship Management & External Outreach
* Build strong new partnerships by developing site tools and managing partner
meetings, orientation and onboarding, contract negotiations and mid-year satisfaction meetings.
* Manage the service partner on-boarding process across all schools.
* Build strong working relationships with all service partners to facilitate
service delivery and develop external champions for City Year’s work.
* Build strong relationships with district leadership, school or community
boards and City Year’s educational partners in order to set and manage
expectations around service delivery.
* Support site fundraising activities by leveraging partners and community
stakeholders to serve as speakers on City Year’s impact, staffing
events, and actively contributing to site communication/outreach activities.
* Schedule and attend quarterly partnership assessment meetings and other school partner meetings as needed.
Relevant Previous Experience:
* Experience working in a school setting as a teacher, administrator or other
capacity that provided exposure to and knowledge of students and school
* Experience as an effective City Year Program Manager, Program Director or Service Director
* People Management – Coaching teams, coaching young people
* Project Management
* Demonstration of flexibility
* Previous supervision experience
* Working with urban youth and developing young leaders
* Education reform
* Living the values of teamwork, empathy, inclusivity, excellence, belief in the power of young people, social justice.
* National Service and City Year’s Mission
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health
insurance, vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, flexible spending
account and more.
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, references, & resume by EMAIL ONLY to:
Minerva Humphrie, Director of Operations, at CYseattlejobs@cityyear.org Subject: City Year Seattle, Director of Impact
City Year is committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.