The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County is recruiting for seasonal Restoration Specialist positions. Restoration Specialists are part of The Land Conservancy’s Restoration Team which is responsible for on the ground implementation of our restoration projects. This includes: exotic species removal, habitat restoration, riparian rehabilitation, and dunes restoration. The work is performed in often difficult, yet beautiful, sand dune or stream environments.
The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County is a private 501(c)(3) non-profit land trust with a mission to permanently protect lands having scenic, agricultural, cultural and habitat values through voluntary and cooperative methods. Founded in 1984, The Land Conservancy is a growing organization with a strong record of successful projects.
Job Skills: The ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for land restoration who will:
- Respect the land, native plants, and habitat that The Land Conservancy is here to restore and enhance.
- Be proficient in handling equipment and safety conscious on the job site.
- Be willing to apply herbicides/chemicals as a part of daily job duties.
- Be able to work in remote areas with challenging terrain and to lift 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Be a self-motivated person that works well in a team environment.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and will provide The Land Conservancy with a DMV report prior to being hired.
- Is willing and able to learn to distinguish between native/desirable species and weedy/invasive species.
Compensation & Timeframe: Up to four RS I/II positions and one RS III-Crew Leader position available. The pay rate is $14-$16/hr. Interviews are likely to occur the last week of September. The RS I and II position is scheduled to begin November 5th, 2012 and end April 26th, 2013. The RS III – Crew Leader position is scheduled to begin November 1st, 2012 and end April 26th, 2013. Actual duration of employment is subject to change. The 21st of December, 2012 through the 1st of January, 2013 is unpaid time off, with the exception of the two paid holidays.
Apply: Read the full Job Description Restoration Specialist I-II or Restoration Specialist III-Crew Leader.
Submit a completed Employment Application Form along with a Cover Letter and Resume to:
Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County
Attn: Position announcement