May 14-15, at the Vancouver Convention Center (Hilton Hotel) in Vancouver, WA.
2013 Salmon Recovery Conference
May 14-15, 2013
Vancouver Conference Center, Vancouver WA
The Salmon Recovery Funding Board offers students a great opportunity to attend its biennial conference. Over 500 attendees are expected to converge upon the Vancouver Conference Center and Hilton Hotel in Vancouver, WA on May 14–15, 2013.
- Learn about issues, projects, and up-to-the-minute methods in Pacific Northwest salmon recovery.
- Connect one-on-one with salmon recovery practitioners and policy makers from Oregon and Washington.
- Build your resume and professional network by volunteering and participating in this year’s conference.
- Get reimbursed for your student registration fee by working for 4-6 hours at the conference.
What will you do as a student volunteer?
Volunteers will serve as room monitors for the break-out sessions. You will assist the session lead or agency staff as needed. Sample tasks:
- Dim room lights as requested by break-out session lead.
- Ask hotel staff for additional water pitchers or to adjust the room temperature.
- Contact agency staff for help with AV equipment.
Interested? Apply soon, and no later than Monday, April 29. Only a limited number of volunteer hours are available!
- Submit your application early.
- Register for the conference at the student rate.
Registration entitles you to attend all keynote talks and breakout sessions (except when you are serving as a room monitor), as well as meals and refreshment breaks.
And don’t forget:
In return for working 4 to 6 hours at the Salmon Recovery Conference, you will be reimbursed for your student registration fee (up to $75.00).
Tuesday, May 14, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Tuesday, May 14, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 15, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 15, 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- All potential volunteers must register for the meeting and pay the required registration fee.
- Fee waivers will not be granted.
- You must serve all your assigned hours to receive the registration refund, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- You must submit your work form—signed by RCO staff member—to be reimbursed.
- You must attend the Student Volunteer Informational Meeting at the Vancouver Conference Center, Hilton Hotel, in Vancouver, WA on Monday, May 13 in the late afternoon. You will be notified with the time and place.
Find out more: http://www.rco.wa.gov/SalmonConfStudents.shtml
Register for the conference: https://cm.wsu.edu/ereg/index.php?eventid=58761&
Apply to be a student volunteer: https://cm.wsu.edu/ereg/index.php?eventid=59760&