Azavea Summer of Maps Program
During the fellowship, you can expect to:
- Work closely with your mentors
- Be trained to use the most current GIS practices and systems in a real-life context
- Write budgets and proposals
- Participate in client meetings
- Work directly with your clients
- Present your final analyses to colleagues, clients and their potential funders
- Be interviewed by the press to back up your findings
- Work in our office in Philadelphia, PA
- Get paid a $6,000 stipend
This is a paid fellowship program opened to full-time or part-time students. Azavea defines a student as an individual enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution located in the United States, including community colleges, universities, masters, PhD and undergraduate programs. Alternatively, you may be enrolled in an accredited non-U.S. university, but you must have a valid work visa that enables you to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor you for a visa or provide travel expenses for travel to the U.S.). If you are accepted into or enrolled in a college or university program as of April 2017, you are eligible to participate in the program, even if you will graduate during the program. You must be available to work at the Azavea office in Philadelphia starting on June 1, 2017.
Azavea may ask you to provide transcripts or other documentation from your accredited institution as proof of enrollment or admission status. You do not need to be in a Geography or GIS program in order to apply, but you should have experience performing analysis using desktop GIS software.
Applications are due Wednesday March 19 at 11:30pm ET