Seasonal or Part-time Biologist
Environmental Planning Group, LLC (EPG), is seeking to develop a pool of qualified biologists for part-time, hourly, or contract-based survey work in Oregon and Washington.
Job duties will include
- conducting field surveys for federally listed and state listed wildlife and plant species and migratory birds, invasive and noxious weed inventories, habitat assessments (field and desktop), wetland delineations, and data entry and quality assurance/quality control of data
- assisting with report preparation, study proposals, and project coordination.
This is a non-exempt temporary employment position; hourly salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. The work schedule will vary depending on the job. Lodging and per diem will be provided depending on distance and job requirements.
Qualified candidates will possess, at a minimum:
- a bachelor’s degree in wildlife biology, zoology, ecology, botany, or range science;
- at least two seasons of field experience with detection surveys or other animal/plant field inventories and data collection using GPS units;
- the ability to hike up to 10 miles per day in variable terrain; and
- good teamwork skills, communication skills, and a strong work ethic.
In addition, skills in technical writing, Microsoft Office, and file organization are preferred.
Applicants should include in their current resume applicable coursework, field experience, and a list of any relevant certifications and training. No phone calls please. EPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please send your resume and cover letter listing at least 3 references to:
Environmental Planning Group, LLC
650 NE Holladay St., 16th Floor
Portland, Oregon 97232
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org