Transport Planner Position
Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We offer a wide range of consulting and design services related to facilities, the environment, community development and infrastructure.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Junior Transit/Multi-Modal Transportation Planner in our Toronto office.
- Contributions to a variety of multi-disciplinary transportation studies, traffic engineering studies and GIS mapping across the company
- Support for the development of proposals and other marketing and administrative efforts
- Attend meetings and liaise with various private and public sector clients and sub-consultants
- Contributions to Dillon’s office culture and corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Some travel may be required.
- Completion of projects and team activities related to transit and multi-modal transportation planning projects across the company
- A minimum of 0 to 2 years’ relevant work experience (previous experience in a professional work environment would be an asset)
- Demonstrated abilities in use of GIS software (ArcView GIS)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, including some basic programing skills
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
- A degree in urban planning, civil engineering or equivalent; a Master’s Degree would be an asset
Interests and Experience:
- The qualified candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong interest and knowledge in some or all of the following:
- Strategic transit planning and operations studies
- Integrated mobility / transportation policy development
- Accessibility studies addressing the needs of persons with disabilities
- Mobility hub studies
- Ridership forecasting
- Rapid transit corridor reviews
- Public and agency consultation activities, including public Open Houses/Information Centres, and the development of newsletters and project websites
Strengths/ Personal Attributes for Preferred Candidate:
- Committed to success through personal development and team advancement
- Passionate about issues facing urban transportation
- Strong writer – able to write clearly and concisely for a variety of audiences
- Strong interest in the business aspects of planning and engineering consulting
- Able to think/ visualize, long range implications of decisions and analysis results
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.
Please reply providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to: