Click the following link to see the full job posting and link to the application: http://bit.ly/ICPHJobs
The Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness is an independent policy research organization based in New York City dedicated to improving the lives of homeless families. ICPH focuses on providing timely, accessible analysis to policy makers, service providers, and the media in a way that enhances the public policy debates surrounding issues of poverty and homelessness.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts on issues affecting poor and homeless children and their families.
- Be responsible for basic geographical data analysis and mapping as well as basic research, including collecting and analyzing administrative data sets.
- Stay informed about new developments in the fields of public policy and poverty research.
- Current master’s level or undergraduate student with at least one year of relevant coursework and applied experience.
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS software, to include, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox.
- Knowledge of general principals of Cartography and ability to produce publication-quality maps.
- Basic quantitative analysis skills and experience using Excel and Stata.
- Self-motivated problem solver capable of working as part of a team.
- Experience using Mac computers. PC experience a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess a combination of skills, personal initiative, and a commitment to the role of evidence in bringing about effective policy change.
The position will be paid an hourly wage, commensurate with experience.
ICPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.