Click the following link to see the full job posting and link to the application: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=20
Summary of Position
The GIS Specialist position provides mapping support for the Computer Aided Dispatch System to assist dispatching emergency first responders to critical incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with clients, the general public, vendors, management, and contractors in order to coordinate and administer the use of GIS projects and data.
- Create, refine and analyze GIS data for use in 911 dispatch systems.
- Review, design, model, and normalize existing and new spatial data for client implementations.
- Perform quality assurance or control of GIS data.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff and other client personnel as required.
- Field help desk requests from end users and clients related to agency GIS systems.
- Collect GIS data from a variety of sources, including surveying new road construction with a hand held GPS unit.
- Perform SQL queries and tasks related to maintaining the Computer Aided Dispatch system database.
- Maintain the MSAG (Mater Street Address Guide) database.
- Potential general Information Technology tasks as required.
POSSESSION OF OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN THE FOLLOWING LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Unrestricted Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado Identification Card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Understanding of ArcGIS Server environment and SDE geodatabases.
- Specific knowledge of coordinate systems and geographic transformations.
- Design, implement, manage, and maintain geodatabases SQL Server environment, including supporting a versioned editing environment and topology.
- Understand how to create models and Python scripts to automate GIS tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Technical troubleshooting, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness a must.
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Work in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five (5) years of documented and proven GIS experience.
Or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in geography, geomatics, GIS, or related field and four (4) years of documented and proven GIS experience.
Or a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in geography. Geomatics, GIS, or related field and three (3) years of documented and proven GIS experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check, if required.
– Regular standing and sitting; requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard; vision for review and analysis of data and reports; frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and agencies. This job requires normal hearing and color vision.
Work Environment – Works in a clean, comfortable environment. Some exposure to noise and unpleasant situations.
Equipment Used – Personal computer, console equipment and other job related equipment and tools.