Please see the following website to see the full job description and find the application link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty/jobs/2206887/stormwater-data-specialist-functional-analyst-i
Stormwater Data Specialist (Functional Analyst I)
This position is responsible for helping to organize information for asset management. The position will work with a variety of data sources, including engineering drawings, technical information reports, databases/GIS, archived information, and other paper or electronic files. The position will also work with program managers to coordinate the assignment, tracking, and reporting of inspections and maintenance performed. This position will also provide operational and technical support to other units requiring information from Asset Management’s existing MIS (Maintenance Information System) and Cityworks AMS (Asset Management System).
WHO MAY APPLY: The recruitment is open to the public.
King County values diverse perspectives, life experiences and differences. The Water and Land Resources Division encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, men, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans. We are committed to being equitable and fair in providing equal access to opportunities for all.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is covered by the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is overtime-eligible. This position normally works 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
REQUIRED MATERIALS: The following materials are required:
- A King County application (online submission meets this requirement)
- a resume
- a cover letter
- answers to the supplemental question
You can attach multiple documents if necessary or required, such as your resume and letter of interest to your electronic application.
Please Note: Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the requested and relevant information in the on-line application and include the information only on the letter of interest and/or resume. Applications that state “see my resume” are considered incomplete and will not be accepted. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted in lieu of a completed job application.Job Duties
- Support facility inspections and work authorization assignments.
- Update standard queries following established procedures. Assist in the development of routine reports.
- Communicate with customers; provide information and assistance on routine questions involving system processes and procedures.
- Train users on the operational use of modules and systems.
- Support the centralization of King County’s stormwater drainage data, as well as the maintenance of the dataset. Support the migration project, long-term collection, and centralization of datasets required to meet the stormwater business needs and permit requirements.
- Support the documentation of workflows and data requirements for the Asset Management Unit.
- Maintaining data quality and file storage integrity for accessibility and security.
- Track, troubleshoot and resolve system problems and issues of limited scope following established guidelines and procedure.
- Participate in process improvement teams in support of systems.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), including data science, environmental science/geoscience; or business social science; OR equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of asset management principles
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and data models
- Current technical skills in most common desktop workflow tools (Microsoft Office)
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in providing customer service and end-user training
- Skill in interpreting instructional manuals, guidelines, and procedures
- Skill in writing routine system documentation and technical reports
- Skill in planning, organizational, and basic project management skills
- Knowledge of functional areas and modules for automated systems supported
- Proven experience using an asset management system, e.g. Cityworks, Cartegraphy
Supplemental InformationSUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Those packets that are complete will be reviewed to confirm that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. Your application materials must validate your answers to the supplemental questions. If your answers can not be validated, you will not proceed to the next steps of the selection process.