Geographic Information System Analyst
Open for Recruitment: October 10, 2018 – November 2, 2018
Announcement # 03316088619
Salary Range: $20.66 – $25.00 DOE -Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Department of Water Resources has an exciting career opportunity in Boise, ID for a GIS professional to work in a natural resource environment.
Plan and execute GIS Projects.
Designs and analyzes spatial and relational databases.
Builds spatial data layers, designs and produces thematic maps.
Work in an ArcGIS, Microsoft SQL Server and Web programming team.
Work closely with IDWR data managers and IT staff to provide GIS solutions to streamline water right processing and hydrologic analysis.
- Knowledge of GIS including analysis, data capture, data conversion and cartographic principles.
- Demonstrated experience programming with Python, C#, and / or Java Script.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings.
- Experience operating, managing, and customizing ESRI software products in a work environment.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience using source control, MVC pattern and experience using build servers.
- Experience with project management and prioritization of multiple projects and deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment utilizing a common framework of object-oriented database and development tools, and conduct frequent interaction and communication with GIS / IT management.
- Display an innovative approach to solving problems using open source and existing programs.
- An innate curiosity and desire to learn new things.
Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide.
Exam. There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant’s eligibility. You must receive a score of 70 to pass this exam. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete. Click the Preview Exam button below to review the exam. You will not be able to apply from this screen. Please follow the directions under “How to Apply”.
“How to Apply”
See the following website: https://www4.labor.idaho.gov/DHR/ATS/StateJobs/jobannouncement.aspx?announcement_no=03316088619
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:
Department of Water Resources under “Agencies,”
Full-time employment and Limited Service under “Job Type/Shift”
Boise under “Cities”
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.