SCOPE OF WATERSHED PLANNER POSITION: The Huron Pines Watershed Planner is responsible for working directly with communities and partners to identify, develop and implement watershed management best practices. The anticipated focus areas for this position will be related to green infrastructure and low impact development to help reduce stormwater runoff and improve water quality, plan and create opportunities for the public to access water recreation areas, and manage projects that prevent and reduce pollution.
LOCATION: This position is based in the Huron Pines Office in Gaylord, Michigan, with work taking place across the entire region of the Northeast Lower Peninsula.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively with project management in a team setting
- A minimum of five years successfully managing multiple habitat restoration projects
- Demonstrated experience and background in land use planning, stormwater runoff control and watershed management
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in landscape architecture, watershed management, land use planning or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Evidence of strong relationship skills, including assertiveness, tact, and the ability to manage contractors and work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Thorough understanding of Huron Pines Programs and ability to apply skills for assisting with the implementation of projects
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Huron Pines