Please see the following website for full job posting and application link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e9cf9c51-b70e-4607-b723-b8bf76c3161b&jobId=237745&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001#new_tab
Work in a joint capacity with Pheasants Forever, Inc. (PF), USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS), the Pine County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD), the Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR) and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to promote, accelerate enrollment, coordinate and implement the voluntary conservation provisions of the Federal Farm Bill and other related state, local and non-profit voluntary conservation programs. Activities will include program promotion, contract coordination, conservation planning, conservation plan modification, technical assistance, site assessment and reporting. Provide technical assistance for wildlife habitat enhancement techniques to private landowners and public organizations. Meet with local chapters of Pheasants Forever and other local partners to influence habitat management efforts and participate in statewide meetings. Attend Farm Bill Biologist training and assist in coordinating technical assistance efforts.
This position will be based out of the Pine County Service center in Hinckley, MN and will also providing assistance to the surrounding counties based on priorities and workload. The incumbent is an employee of Pheasants Forever, Inc. and receives supervision from Pheasants Forever with daily instruction provided by the local staff. The incumbent will serve as a USDA NRCS Conservation Programs Biologist providing biological/wildlife aspects of all USDA NRCS Conservation Programs, BWSR, SWCD and PF voluntary programs to private landowners and participants.
- Provide outreach and technical assistance (wildlife biology focus) and guidance to private landowners, government agencies, non-government organizations and other groups for USDA NRCS voluntary conservation programs. The positions will receive training on the USDA NRCS Conservation Programs, PF, BWSR, and other local and state programs.
- Coordinate the implementation and application of biological sciences within the conservation programs in cooperation with local NRCS District Conservationists, PF Biologists, and others.
- Complete contracts, applications and other required documentation for the conservation programs requiring biological expertise in cooperation with the listed partners and NRCS District Conservationist.
- Communicates program requirements, completes site visits to determine eligibility, and develops contracts/plans for applicants/participants for the USDA NRCS Conservation Programs and other local and state programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners and partner agencies.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Knowledge of wildlife ecology, wetland, grassland and forest management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
- Knowledge of conservation and wildlife programs provided by federal (i.e. Farm Bill, US Fish and Wildlife Service), state, & local entities. In addition, knowledge of how these programs are implemented on various landscapes is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife Management or closely related natural resources field is required.
: $34,000 + Health Benefits and Retirement Package
: Please click on the blue APPLY icon at the bottom or in the upper right corner. Visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs For information regarding the position contact Tanner Bruse, Ag & Conservation Programs Manager (MN), at (507)865-1163
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled