Please see the following website for full posting and application link: https://www.healthybay.org/comms-marketing-internship/#new_tab
Communications & Marketing Internship – Spring 2019
Organization Description: Citizens for a Healthy Bay (CHB) is a community-based organization that engages community members in the cleanup, restoration and protection of Commencement Bay, surrounding waters and habitat. CHB works cooperatively with other nonprofits, local, state and federal government agencies, tribes and private foundations in accomplishing its goals and objectives.
Responsible to: Communications & Development (C&D) Manager
Time Commitment: Applicant should be able to commit 8-14 hours per week during the 9am-5pm workweek and a three-month commitment. Increased hours can lead to increased responsibility.
This is an unpaid internship. Please arrange with your relevant university department contact to apply for and receive course credit.
- Assist in the research, writing, and posting of a variety of blogs, articles, webpage and social media content
- Plan and develop marketing collateral such as advertisements, mailings, and online reports for various organization stakeholders
- Assist with media research, list building, copywriting and editing, scheduling, etc.
- Support development of content for multiple communication channels such as email, newsletters, website, and social media platforms, etc. used to reach donors, public, etc.
- Help capture and create visually interesting content (photos, graphics, infographics, gifs, short videos, etc) for social media and other online and off-line channels
- Maintain and produce support materials such as photos, press kits, and other collateral
- Perform other duties as needed
- Demonstrated interest in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field
- Familiar with social media platforms
- Able to produce excellent written product and good understanding of AP Style
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in environmentalism, conservation, or environmental justice a plus
- Experience with web development or photography a plus
This position offers a dynamic and rewarding internship program and provides unique experience and insight to the inner-workings of a successful environmental nonprofit.
We are deeply committed to enriching the environmental community by promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in our internship program. We welcome and value a diversity of people, experiences and perspectives. We embrace and actively encourage participation of people with differences in age, race, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, language, national origin, family or marital status, veteran status, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religion and political affiliation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and must be submitted by January 31.
Applications submitted past the deadline, or without both a resume and cover letter, will not be considered.