Please see the following website for application link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregonmetro/jobs/2415458/geospatial-infrastructure-administrator
The Geospatial Infrastructure Administrator is the lead for the Esri infrastructure that is a significant part of our services portfolio. This position will take ownership of the RC geospatial infrastructure, ensuring uptime and access to our physical and cloud servers and services, planning and balancing licenses and storage, and authoring and tracking our growing portfolio of web services. All the while, this information needs to be tracked and communicated out to our team through our new analytics.
What we’re looking for is someone who can join a small team and bring their experience to help us out. If you have a drive for process improvement, automation, planning ahead, and tracking the little things before they become big things, you’re the person for us.
As part of the Metro Research Center (RC), you’ll help provide cutting-edge decision- and program-support, as well as data, analysis, and forecast products to Metro and non-Metro clients. The team you’ll be a part of maintains and applies the Regional Land Information System (RLIS) database, and helps deliver information through applications, tools, and analysis. Our information feeds high-profile regional tasks such as setting the Urban Growth Boundary, choosing the investments and programs in the Regional Transportation Plan, helping the Parks and Nature department to manage its natural resources, and helping the Property and Environmental Services department conduct waste transfer and other operations. We have no shortage of interesting work, data, and things to apply it to. This position reports directly to the Enterprise Services Manager within Metro’s Research Center.
Here are some links to our Metro Research Center and the work that we do:
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Essential Job DutiesAn employee in this position typically performs a full range of duties at a level of complexity represented by the following types of responsibilities. However, these examples do not include all the specific tasks which an employee in this position may be expected to perform:
- Administer all aspects of ArcGIS Server, Portal, and ArcGIS Online, including performance monitoring and tuning, service configuration, security, and licensing.
- Architect, implement and support a scalable, highly available enterprise ArcGIS Platform.
- Administer license servers.
- Develop analytics for measuring usage of applications and data.
- Maintain data system documentation: i.e. system data plan and application dependencies
- Automate Server administration and operation
- Maintain virtual servers and applications in production and staging environments.
- Contribute to the design and implementation an Enterprise GIS System that continues to meet customer demands over time.
- Collaborate with various IT professionals to proactively maintain a production GIS system consisting of Windows servers, network load balancers, network storages and various databases in order to deliver high quality GIS products and services to customers.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and other system components.
This position is represented by AFSCME 3850 and is classified as a Systems Administrator III (click to read the full classification). Classification descriptions are typically written broadly and do not include the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.Minimum RequirementsA bachelor’s degree in geography, computer science, mathematics or a related field, with major course work in computer science, relational database management systems (RDBMS) or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and 4 to 6 years of progressive work experience in software/RDBMS development, data automation, or geospatial application development; or any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
Preference will be given to applicants who best meet the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined below.
General Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge and experience with ESRI suite of ArcGIS enterprise software at version 10.5.x and above including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE and ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS.
- Extensive experience scripting and geoprocessing using Python.
- Experience with Identity-based security models and integration with enterprise systems authentication such as: Active Directory, LDAP, SAML
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining (spatial) databases, preferably MS SQL Server.
- Moderate experience with administering web services.
- Knowledge of Windows server administrator concepts and principles.
- Ability to document technical procedures and diagram work/data flows.
- Ability to orally communicate technical information effectively to government managers and analysts, geospatial colleagues, and interested individuals.
- Willingness and demeanor to help develop new processes for a team.
Desirable knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience in technical documentation using Visio.
- Experience with PowerBI or other business intelligence platform.
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services.
Additional InformationOnline applications: Metro accepts job applications online. If you need assistance or accommodation with your application, or access to a computer, call 503-797-1570.
Accommodation: Reasonable accommodation is available to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing this application or participating in this process. To obtain confidential assistance please contact Human Resources at 503-797-1570.
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS): New employees will pay the employee portion of the PERS contribution.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans’ preference when applying for Metro positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans’ preference for this job, please provide qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Criminal background check: In order to protect the wellbeing of its employees, the public and agency assets, Metro may conduct criminal background checks on candidates selected for Metro positions. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude employment and will be considered on a case by case basis. A background check will only be conducted if you are selected as a finalist for a position. If selected as a finalist, you will be contacted by Human Resources prior to the initiation of a background check.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer