Summer Internship Opportunity: Volunteer Coordinator and Research Assistant on Washington State Parks Intercept Survey:
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission will be conducting in-park visitor surveying at state parks in the Olympic Peninsula and southwestern Washington this summer. The internship would include the following work experience:
- Volunteer Coordination: providing coordination and support to the volunteer survey host and other survey volunteers
- Field coordination – Working closely with the survey host, coordinating volunteers and survey equipment and resolving and documenting project issues in collaboration with the Management Analyst. The intern will also have the opportunity to directly survey visitors in the parks during site visits.
- Assisting in the weekly download of survey data into Power BI and additional analysis of survey results
- Receiving training in survey methodology and design, volunteer training and coordination, and project management
- Meeting with staff to learn how visitor feedback is used and explore other parks management topics of interest to the intern
Type: Unpaid internship, no housing available, but travel reimbursement provided for travel associated with site visits.
Time Period: Specific internship period would depend on summer quarter/semester schedule, with the bulk of the survey work occurring from June through September 9. The intern would be stationed in the Park Headquarters in Tumwater but would occasionally travel to parks being surveyed.
Schedule: Specific hours worked each week are flexible based on the schedule agreed to at the beginning of the internship so long as a portion of those hours worked are on Tuesdays.
Supervisor: Darleen Simkins, Management Analyst 5, Business Development Program
To apply, please provide a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. For more information about this internship, please contact Darleen Simkins, Management Analyst at Darleen.firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 902-8629.