Please see the following website for application link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/laceywa/jobs/2448177/part-time-intern-executive-team?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Basic PurposeThe City of Lacey seeks to hire one graduate student interested in local government service to work as an intern for the City’s Executive Team. The intern will have the opportunity to work on high-level projects under the direction of department directors and other City staff. Internships will provide opportunities for graduate-level students to work within a municipal government and gain experience to help motivate them towards working for local governments in the future.
The Executive Team Intern Program will be ongoing. Internships will be opportunity based and will not last longer than 12 months.
Educational Benefit to Student:
Internships provide the following benefits for students:
- Real-world experience working on municipal projects that have real impacts on the Lacey community.
- An opportunity to network with local government professionals in a variety of fields.
- The opportunity to explore career options and develop relevant marketable and transferable skills.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Executive Team Intern will have the opportunity to work on projects in the following areas: City Management, Community & Economic Development, Finance, Parks & Recreation, Police, and Public Works.
Projects may include:
- Research and Draft Municipal Code Updates
- Program and Department Research
- Develop Best Practices, Policies, and Procedures for City Departments
The Executive Team Intern may be assigned to work on additional projects as needs arise within the City.
Internship Duration and Hours:
The City will work with the selected individual to schedule up to 16 hours of work per week during normal business hours. Ideally, the candidate will be available to serve in this capacity for 12 months.QualificationsEducation:
This position is open to graduate-level students studying business, public policy, community development, finance, or a closely related field.
- Must have previously completed a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess at least a 3.25 GPA at the time of application and throughout the internship.
- Must be enrolled in an graduate program at an accredited college or university courses with a part-time or full-time course load.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver license and a driving record acceptable to the City and the City’s insurance carrier.
- Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external parties.
- Candidates must be well versed in standard computer programs like the Microsoft Office Suite, and be willing to learn new programs as needed.