Position Category: Staff – Full-Time
The facilities department at Utah Valley University is seeking a sustainability coordinator to manage projects that have an energy, environmental or sustainability impact. This position also works collaboratively with administration, staff, faculty and students to develop, coordinate and promote effective sustainability projects to reduce the University’s impact on the environment. This position plans, implements, organizes, tracks and monitors all aspects of environmental sustainability initiatives and chairs the existing sustainability committee. This is a full-time, professional level position with benefits that reports to the Senior Director – Facilities Planning and Construction.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Sustainability, environmental science or studies, engineering, Energy management, business or public administration, urban planning or a related field required.
- Experience in project management.
- Three years of professional work experience in sustainability or energy management
- Energy data tracking and reporting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of electricity, and thermal energy systems, sustainability plans, recycling. Basic knowledge of LEED and Utah HPBS. Basic understanding of construction plans/documents, renewable energy systems, water conservation, urban transportation systems.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organization skills (verbal and written); an ability to self-motivate and multi-task; and the ability to work closely with departments, staff, students, faculty and administrators from various departments and administration.
- Experience in Higher education setting preferred.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP credential with either a BD&C or O&M specialty.
- Experience with the State of Utah DFCMs High Performance Building Standard
- Grant writing experience
Bending or stooping; bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist or by bending leg/spineWalking; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Excludes walking to/from work area or cafeteria, etc.
Lifting; raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Identify amount of weight regularly lifted:
- up to 10 pounds
Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must be convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive inspection involving small defects, small parts, operations of machines (including inspection) or to make general observations facilities or structure (i.e. security guard, inspectors, etc.); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distance close to eye.
- Vision ability; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $38,776 $51,765
Advertisement Number: STA172418 Facilities Staff 07/12/2019
Open Date: 06/25/2019
Review Start Date: 07/02/2019
Close Date: 7/12/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date.” This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13495
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.