NW Regional Organizer — ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL AUGUST 5
20 hours/week at $25/hour contract rate
Start mid-late July — six month contract to start; may be renewable.
Posted online: 7/5/19
Now accepting applications — we will post here when we stop accepting applications and the position is filled.
350 Seattle has recently received funding from 350.org to support the growth of the 350 local group network in the Northwest. We are seeking someone to join us as a short-term Northwest Regional Organizer, on a six-month contract, with an opportunity for renewal or a permanent position dependent on the success of this initial pilot. The NW Regional Organizer will:
- Work with the ten 350 groups in Washington to convene a retreat in the Fall
- Form the 350 WA Network; define & create the legal and organizational structures, the culture, the shared agreements, and the organizing strategy of 350 WA
- Help 350 WA discuss creating a coordinated legislative strategy for the 2020 legislative session
- Respond to new group inquiries from Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska.
- Offer one coaching call per month to the six 350 local groups that are currently in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska.
- Coordinate with 350.org Organizing Department team on implementing national strategies and priorities in NW (as time permits)
Ideal applicants will have had experience organizing within a grassroots organization and either been a volunteer or worked with mostly volunteers. Bonus points if you understand the legislative process. Climate change focus and/or 350 experience a plus but not required. Experience working with rural communities also a plus. Critical that you understand why climate action is not just about reducing carbon emissions but also about changing an unjust society that privileges the few at the expense of humanity (and affects people of color and poor communities the first and worst).
To apply: Send Valerie (email@example.com) a letter explaining why this contract is of interest to you and what you’d bring to the role. Please send a resume and/or anything else that will help us understand who you are.