Sent on behalf of the Youth Philanthropy Team at the Seattle Aquarium:

Hi Seattle Aquarium Friends,

I am reaching out to you all because it is that time again when our Youth Ocean Advocate Philanthropy Team gets together to offer grant money to non-profit organizations that speak to their chosen conservation focus. This year, the teens have collected $5000 of their hard-earned face painting donations to grant to orgs looking for funding that will assist with research programs or projects surrounding the protection and recovery of endangered, threatened, or at-risk aquatic species within Washington state waters. I was hoping you all could help us get the word out and reach out to any partners or connections you may have that would be interested and eligible to apply for the YPT grant this year. We have gifts available in either $1000 or $2000 amounts (so the teens will be awarding grants to no fewer than three local organizations). The application description as well as the link to apply are now live on the website and can be found here: https://www.seattleaquarium.org/youth-ocean-advocates. The deadline for applications is August 16 @ 5pm.

If you or any of your partners have questions about the program or the grant application process, you can send them my way at a.reed@seattleaquarium.org. The stipulation is that the organization must be local to Washington state with their research involving species within our waters.

Thank you for helping us get this out to as many organizations as we can! If I’ve left anyone off this list that you feel I should reach out to, please shoot me an email! The Youth Philanthropy Team can’t wait to get this money out to help fund some amazing field research.