Rushing is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, highly organized, self-driven sustainability consultant to join our team. Rushing is a Seattle-based mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in identifying and implementing the right strategies for the environmental performance of buildings. Problem solving, unearthing unexpected solutions, and building real friendships with our clients is where our passions lie. Led by 50 percent women and 50 percent men, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion.
RUSHING’S SHARED VALUES
The Sustainability Studio provides holistic sustainability consulting including green building protocol management, strategic planning, integrative design, and workshop facilitation. We are looking for an entrepreneurial team member who is passionate about sustainability and willing to learn and ask questions. This individual will function independently, calmly juggle multiple projects at once, switch gears readily, and further strengthen our relationships with the building industry.
This individual will join our team to contribute to our full spectrum of sustainability work, with a focus on documenting the certification of LEED, Built Green, WELL, Fitwel, Evergreen Sustainable Development Standard (ESDS), and Living Building Challenge projects.
- Act as a critical team member in providing Rushing’s clients with the right data and tools to identify the sustainability solutions best suited for their projects;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external clients to compile data and compliance paths for green building protocols and codes;
- Develop and compile documentation for pursuit of green building protocol certifications (LEED, Built Green, ESDS, Living Building Challenge, WELL, Fitwel, etc.);
- Review of sustainability related construction submittals;
- Develop and present reports, manuals, meeting notes, and other documents for communicating recommendations and/or sustainable design processes.
- 4-year college degree+ in architecture, engineering, environmental studies or a related field
- Ability to read and interpret architectural/mechanical plans and construction documents;
- Knowledge of the most prevalent green building protocols;
- Excellent organizational, detail-oriented, and time management skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- In depth knowledge of the documentation and verification process for LEED and Built Green;
- 3-5 years work experience in engineering, architecture, or related discipline, with a sustainability emphasis;
- An understanding of building science and building envelope design;
- Familiarity with current building codes and regulations.
The position is Full Time. Salary is DOE. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com with Sustainability Consultant in the subject line.