Duties include but are not limited to: Maintain QuickBooks General Ledger Accounts:
• Reconcile Bank Accounts
• Prepare and distribute monthly customer invoices
• Receive and process customer payments and bank deposits
• Process purchase receipts and staff reimbursements
• Issue timely vendor payments
• Process timesheets, payroll distributions, and 401K distributions
• Process and submit all state and federal payroll tax reports and payments
• Create and submit annual W-2 and W-3 forms
• Monitor budget ceilings and create financial reports for Executive Director, Nature Vision Board, funders, grants, and contracts
• Work with CPA to provide documentation for IRS 990 and annual audit
Work closely with Nature Vision Executive Director and Office Coordinator
Other bookkeeping duties as assigned
Employee Compensation: $20-26 per hour. Sick time accrued at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked. 401K without match available. Mileage reimbursement for errands from Nature Vision office paid at federal rates.
Independent Contractor Compensation: $30.00 per hour no benefits offered.
Hours: 6-10 hours weekly. 8 hours average, during peak times may increase.
Start Date: 10/21/19 or sooner.
Minimum Qualifications: A combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform job duties above and work in a nonprofit setting is required.
• BA/BS, or Associates degree preferably in bookkeeping, accounting or business. Related coursework and experience accepted.
• Three to five years of relevant nonprofit accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP
• Payroll experience
• High proficiency with QuickBooks
• High standards for accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with others
• Ability to work in an open and active office environment
• Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to read, speak, and write the English language clearly
• Must pass WA State Patrol criminal records check
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume as one .pdf or .doc attachment to Ginny Ballard, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 7, 2019 at 5 pm PST. Position may be filled sooner.