This position coordinates all aspects of proposal and grant preparation by working closely with science staff throughout the company. This includes: overseeing RFP searches, coordinating, preparation of proposals; writing, editing, and assembling proposals; preparing and maintaining standard content for proposals (e.g., resumes, bios, qualifications), tracking proposal success, refining and streamlining the proposal preparation process, and assisting with other marketing, graphics, and document preparation activities. The Proposal Coordinator will work both independently and as part of a team supporting science staff in business development and ultimately success of CFS.
- Preparation of proposals including assembling pieces, writing, editing and finalizing proposals
- Oversee weekly search for business opportunities (e.g., RFPs, RFQs)
- Assist with developing and curating standing pool of content for proposals and grants
- Oversee development of company standards and templates for proposals, and other deliverable documents and presentations
- Establish companywide proposal tracking system to track proposals and success
- Provide technical and copy editing of company reports, documents, manuscripts, and presentations
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills across all company personnel, sites, partners, and customers
- Excellent understanding of document and proposal production process (review cycles and functions of document processing, editing, graphics design, and final assembly)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to express and exchange ideas in writing, graphically, and verbally.
- Outstanding command of the English language and industry standard/accepted methods for communicating technical information effectively.
- Exceptional coordination, planning. and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Maintain close attention to detail and accuracy while meeting schedules under tight deadlines
- Exceptional document review, editing proofreading, and formatting skills
- The ability to quickly review, revise and edit documents and presentations with attention to the smallest editorial, grammatical, and formatting details.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours and weekends, when necessary, including some holidays during proposal preparation efforts.
- Ability to work both as part of a diverse team and independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for proposal layout, graphics and production
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Bachelors in English, marketing, communication, technical writing, or natural resources or related field and 5 or more years of experience with proposal writing for natural science, engineering or related field.
- Environmental consulting industry experience
- Experience in developing, reviewing, and submission of RFPs
- Business development experience
- Science-based business experience
- Technical writing and editing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting pay (32 hours per week) 50,000 to 53,000 per year
- Health and retirement benefits, with a generous company contribution
- Incentive pay structure available
- Opportunity for Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)