We are hiring a Data Analyst to take on a key role in our digital team, and help us hold some of the world’s biggest corporate polluters to account.
If you find data fascinating, are passionate about observing and sharing data trends, are obsessive about process, efficiency and precision, and want the option to work from the comfort of your own home, then read on! This might be the perfect role for you.
We encourage applicants to apply by July 8, 2020. This position is open until filled.
Stand.earth is a nonprofit environmental organization working to create a world where respect for people and the environment comes first. Our campaigns challenge destructive corporate and governmental practices, demand accountability, and create solutions that support all of us — and the environment and climate upon which we depend. Stand’s strategic approach and fierce determination have yielded extraordinary results: Since 2000, we’ve secured the protection of 65 million acres of wilderness, shifted billions of dollars of corporate purchasing toward responsible options, and transformed the environmental practices of more than 100 major U.S. corporations. Stand.earth operates in the United States and Canada.
Stand recognizes and respects the sovereignty of First Nations and tribes, as well as the rights of Indigenous Peoples and frontline communities. These communities are often first and most directly impacted by environmental pollution and climate change, and they provide critical leadership in developing solutions.
Stand is an equal opportunity employer; we have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ+ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Reporting to the Digital Innovations and Analytics Director and working closely with Stand.earth’s Fundraising, Digital, and Campaign departments as well as outside consultants, the Data Analyst is responsible for designing and maintaining the sensory feedback loop that is important for critical organizational functions like digital campaigning and offline/online fundraising. The ideal candidate will have foundational experience in migrating and analyzing large data sets, be proficient managing a Salesforce NPSP database, thrive in a demanding, mission-driven work environment, and demonstrate an interest in learning new tools and platforms.
This is a full-time exempt position with excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and location, and will likely be within the range of $41,250 to $65,000.00 USD or $53,625.00 – 76,500.00 CAD.
This role will be based in the US or Canada, ideally in Pacific or Mountain time zone (working hours are 9am-5pm Pacific time). At least to start with, the role will be remote from the comfort of the candidate’s own home. Once the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic has passed, we hope there will also be the option to work out of one of our hub offices.
- Maintain and optimize the operation of Stand.earth’s databases and e-campaigning tools. To give you a sense of what you’d be working with, our current tech stack is built around Engaging Networks and Salesforce, and we also use NewMode, ThruText, Payflow/Paypal/Authorize and Google Big Query.
- Supervise and ensure the accuracy and smooth operations of gift intake and fundraising reporting procedures and supervise the delivery of consistent, accurate revenue and reconciliation reports for international fundraising and finance teams.
- Critically examine and optimize existing table structures, relationships and processes that capture and produce information for accurate decision-making for our fundraising and digital engagement teams.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and improve existing data pipelines between various apps and tools like Engaging Networks, Salesforce, Paypal, New Mode, and Google Big Query.
- Use data visualization/query methods/dashboards to help the team unravel insights, make strategic recommendations and deepen the impact of their campaigning work.
- Import and export lists for telecalling, direct mail, list swaps and online ads.
- Produce fast and accurate data to feed into a robust six monthly budgeting, forecasting and planning process.
- Suggest, test and implement improvements in our entire fundraising systems to bring in process efficiency and accuracy.
- Respond to a range of priority data support requests from our digital campaign team.
- Manage data quality by working across our teams and campaigns to make sure we have the best, cleanest, and most up-to-date information about our supporters and their actions (source codes, UTM parameters, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Salesforce NPSP focusing on fundraising or digital engagement and the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- At least 2 years’ in-depth experience working with E-campaigning tools like NGP/VAN, ActionKit, or Engaging Networks.
- Advanced Excel skills, including VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, nested formulas, and other Excel secrets.
- Understanding of how basic applications are configured with various downstream and upstream dependencies.
There isn’t a formal educational requirement for the role, and there will be opportunities for learning and mentorship within our digital team.
Nice to have or willing to learn
- A background in writing and using SQL, Python or R queries for data management or creating APIs.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI.
- Experience with Google Analytics or/and Google Tag Manager Using A/B testing platforms like Optimizely or Google Optimize.
- Experience working or volunteering on issues of climate, environmental protection and/or environmental justice.
- Passionate about climate justice and environmental protection, and juiced up by the thought of convincing governments and corporations to make meaningful and lasting change.
- Curious to research/learn new tools, develop new professional skills, and stay on top of trends in data analytics.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a remote work environment.
- Maturity of judgment and operating talent to achieve credibility and influence with senior management, staff members, and peer organizations.
- Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication, and collaboration.
- A sense of humor and ability to find fulfillment in engaging with a dynamic team.