Responsibilities : As a Supervisory Biologist within the Forest and Rangeland Ecosystems Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Supervises and is responsible for the conduct, performance and administration of research staff, which includes technical and complex science programs.
- Serves on Management Team to coordinate, advise and recommend future research , development, administration and technical support activities for sections of the Center, Bureau and other natural resource agencies
- Addresses Regional and National Offices requests and directives relating to Center agency programs and reporting requirements.
- Reviews Center research plans and publications for overall quality, validity, accuracy, and reliability of the research products.
- The position requires the person to be mentally alert and active and sustain a high level of attention in mentally stressful circumstances posed by competing priorities and short deadlines. Travel in commercial aircraft and all forms of ground transportation, including hiking, will be required.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment at the Center Headquarters. Travel for meetings, conferences, and field inspections are required and may result in exposure to adverse circumstances.
View Full Job Description: https://www.usajobs.gov:443/GetJob/ViewDetails/571423900