Student Village Tour

“Let me tell you something…”

This is how Carol da Riva begins many of her sentences. But seriously, let me tell you something: I work with an amazing woman named Carol who is the wife of my supervisor, Edu. She is a real-life Amazonian warrior woman, a professional photographer (who has been published in National Geographic to boot), a yogi and healer, a mentor, and my (adopted) Brazilian mum.

I’ve been working with Carol since the start of my internship to get the communications for Student Village going. With our forces combined, we made a comprehensive Student Village Manual for current and prospective boarders. I’ve also been working on an SV logo (which was way more challenging that expected!), the content for the SV website (to be linked with Green School), the Instagram and Facebook, as well as a Newsletter to be sent to SV parents. All of this has been a lot of work but it’s been really rewarding to see it all unfold, because when it does, I re-realize how amazing this place is.

The website it under construction and should be ready to launch by the end of the week! In the meantime, I want to share some photos that Carol took of the Village for the site. I have so much gratitude to be immersed in this environment.

All Photos by Carol da Riva 2015

Be First to Comment