Area of Inquiry

The area of inquiry I have chosen is at the end of the 5th Avenue Bridge in Downtown Olympia. This area was chosen because it is a busy area full of passing cars and pedestrians, and is in view of the 4th Avenue Bridge and the Capitol Lake. I am able to see both Bud Inlet and the Capitol Lake at this position, which makes it especially interesting to observe because both are water sources, but both have their own unique features. There is a dam located between the two and that was where I did my observation using the view finder. While observing I faced two different directions, north, at Budd Inlet, and the opposite direction, at the Capital Lake. In both instances I could hear people and cars passing, but I only saw them when I was staring at the Lake. Budd Inlet seemed a bit lifeless, except for the noise.

You may also like...

1 Response

1. -Brenna says:

This seems like a really interesting spot to study! I bet you already thought of this, but I feel like this small narrow water way will be very active during high and low tied. And if it is maybe using it as a way to get energy. By using the strong currents at specific times.