Hidden Places

I went back to my area of inquiry yesterday, and I have to say it was a very lovely experience. The weather was quite nice (sunny and windy), There were a lot of living beings around (ones besides humans), and I saw things I had never noticed before. I grew up in Olympia Washington, so I have been on and around 5th ave. bridge many of times. But I have to say, I have never looked around it, I usually stair at the road or at Capital Lake.

I wandered around the area a bit, starting at the side of Capital Lake that is directly across from the train tracks. Hanging under the 5th ave. bridge were some dingy, old worker uniforms, I looked closer and noticed more clothing and blankets strung up underneath the bridge, I assume that homeless people are choosing to live there. I chose not to disturb anyone there and carried on over to the dam.

One area that I am surprised I had never seen before is a small beach area at the end of west bay, near the train tracks. The only reason I looked that way is because I heard a strange noise coming from that direction. A person was hanging out down there. I never thought of that area as open to the public, but now I am curious because it looks like a nice, secluded beachfront.

I chose to walk around to the 4th ave, bridge and as I reached the top and looked down, just behind the train tracks ( which do not look like they are being used anymore), between the two bridges, are two long ponds and a thick forested area. I am surprised I had never seen this before, or at least noticed it, because it reminds me of a magical land, secluded,  mysterious and lonely; these types of places are my favorite to look into.

All of these places are new to my subconscious because whenever I have been near these areas, I never turn my head or look down. That may be one reason the underside of the bridge is s place the homeless go, because it is hidden away, and a lot of people (like me) use the bridges as a way to get from one place to another and not a place to explore.

You may also like...