beautiful barbacoa

Me, Aidan Ripley and Annie Landis had been walking with some people for a couple days. A guy from Denmark who guys by Rhino, a hippie lady named julie and a girl from Spain named Elicia. We stopped in a town at a empty albergue, we wanted to get stamps and pay but the bar was closed. There was two blankets on the beds, thank the heavens. We all walked to the grocery store and purchased burger fixens. I got some pure cow ground beef along with the usual sandwich supplies. There was a rickety husk of a barbecue that a german man reinforced with sticks. There was no coal in the store so the barbecue was also sticks. Everyone went around and gathered the driest sticks they could find. I found some sticks and then started to drink wine while listening to an audiobook. I was waiting for the future coals to get ready for cooking and that would take some time. I decided that I would like to walk around in the river that the hostel was overlooking. I had been staring at it for about an hour when I finally set out. I was wearing the trusty reeboks with zero tread and the mud was ankle deep. I took my shoes off cuz they kept getting stuck in the mud. I finally made it to the middle island where I had been trying to go but I had cut my feet on hidden shells in the mud. I made my way back and it was time to cook. Another thing that had happened while I was gone was that a lot of people had come to join. Including an Irish guy who was doing the camino on a scooter.  The food was great but the meat was overcooked. We also had cheesy peppers along with roasted eggplant and perfectly cooked chicken.