Playing pretend

I had been walking for 4-5 days with very little human contact when I walked into a restaurant and was invited to dinner. It was strange, I had been thinking very deeply about how I wanted to behave and think differently that I had been. When talking to people it was all instantly forgotten. I talked and acted like I always had and did not even realize it till the next day. I think the way I wanted to be was only possible in my head. It was incredibly boring because what I had in mind was basically only listening because the only reason I want to tell a story is because it would change how someone thinks about me. I wanted to not do anything that was related to changing peoples perspective of me. After the dinner I still tried to change how I am but two weeks was not enough. I eventually had to retreat away from my brain and listen to lord of the rings all day everyday. Days and days of silent thinking had gotten to me. Lord of the rings was beautiful. The hiking they were doing made what I was doing seem so great as I would pretend I was part of the fellowship.