1. Review: Transistors/Gates/Adders
2. Group Presentations time: 10 minutes
3. Competency review: Arrays: SWAP
4. Mastermind: Questions
5. Class Seminar: The Chinese Room
– The law of accelerating returns?
Price vs Performance? Space? Spinal? Puzzle?
-What is the Chinese Room argument? Issue??
-Is the Turning Machine Test valid? Ray
– Syntax vs Semantics.. Compiler
-Define being Conscious?
6. Group Seminar:
7. Structured Programming
-Dikstra and the Goto
-SESE code: Proof
8. Data Structures
-Data Structures + Algorithms = Programs
-Stacks, Queues, Trees, Pointers
- Relate data with opperations on data (POP, Enque)
8. Object Oriented Programming
-Data and Opperations on data in the same structure
-OOP idea: group and how it differs from group
-Methods (charAt) Attributes (length), inheritance
-How OOP aids in code reuse: Credit Union
9. Event programming and GUI programming
10. Power of Nesting:
-2 dim Arrays
basic example Battleship
-Extensions: get rid of *
more than 1 ship
size of grid
make ship adjacent
12. To Do list