1. Diagram and Label a computer
2. What are the 6 things a computer can do?
3. What will be the main difference between today’s computers and computers of tomorrow?
4. How can tools hinder progress?
5. Change from a base 2 number into a base 10 number and visa versa
6. Diagram a bit and a byte. What can they store?
7. How do the bus size, the word size and the clock speed make the computer faster?
8. Draw a diagram comparing the Operating System with the User, Computer itself, and the Application Software
9. Why do we need an operating system?
10 Can the computer learn on its own? If so, how?
11. Can the computer do anything you can teach a person to do in English?
12. What is the main limit of the computer?
13 Which one of our inputs can the computer do? Which is hardest?
14. Diagram the Programming Process
15. At the root level, computers are made of _________ and the brain is made of __________
16. Describe Event programming. What is the event loop?
17. What are functions and why do you need them?
18 What are parameters and why do you need them?
19. What are arrays and why do you need them?
20. Could a computer be a doctor? Why or why not.
21. How would the computer store a -5
22. Describe how the computer adds 2 numbers together.
23. What is the only language the computer can understand?
25. Diagram and label a transistor. Tell how it works
26. What are the 3 gates you need to make a computer. How many transistors are in each?
27. Why is digital better than analog?
28. What is the Digital Divide?
29. Describe the generations of computers
30. What is Big O. What is it used for?
31. What do we give up if we demand higher security?
32. What is a parallel computer?