Under Construction – Throwback Thursday #tbt

Red Square Construction

This week I bring you a photo of construction on Red Square taken from where the library building stands today. In the distance you can see where the bus loop would go, with the soon-to-be built lecture hall in the right of the frame. On Monday we will bring you an update from Project Manager, Tim Byrne, about the exciting changes happening to the lecture hall in 2016!

It’s hard to imagine Evergreen without the iconic Red Square. Share your memories from activities, demonstrations or graduation in the comments below!

4 thoughts on “Under Construction – Throwback Thursday #tbt

1. Neat!
    Thanks Katherine. It brings back memories. That’s about what TESC looked like when I first saw it. About a half hour later, I was interviewed by Dean Mervyn Cadwallader sitting on a tarp between the administration’s mobiloffices and my VW van.

2. My Grandad was a union carpenter who did some work on TESC when it was being built. I recall, coming down to the site with him one day (we lived up in King Co.). I was a kid. Years later I was a student and even an employee on campus for a bit.