Communications Assistant Position Description
Graduate Program on the Environment
Reports To: MES Assistant Director
Hours: 10 hours a week when class is in session
Compensation: $12/hour; partially paid through work-study funds
Start Date: October 1
- Must be an MES student who is enrolled for at least 2 credits in fall, winter and spring.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with Adobe inDesign and Photoshop preferred
- HTML or web design experience preferred
- Social media experience preferred (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Interest or experience in promotional videos, interviews, etc. for web
- Quick learner, able to take initiative
- Excellent communication skills – phone, email and in-person
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and able to work with minimal direction, yet able to ask questions to clarify the task at hand
- Responsible for writing/compiling/distributing quarterly MES newsletter using Adobe inDesign, which requires writing articles, interviewing people, asking students for contributions.
- Work with MES Assistant Director to update Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (alumni) accounts; work on getting more ‘likes’ and ‘followers.’
- Create videos or other interactive media for MES website to increase student recruitment
- Other web-related outreach duties as assigned
How to apply:
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Gail Wootan, MES Assistant Director by September 18, 2012. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Lab 1, Room 3022. Interviews will be held the week of September 24.