Internship opening with WSDOT:
WSDOT is seeking to fill an internship starting in summer quarter, 2017. The intern will work full time, 40 hours per week.
Compensation is $13.50/hr
- Service motion-triggered cameras deployed at bridges and culverts on the state highway system
- Review images and characterize wildlife detections in a master database
- Update the WSDOT wildlife carcass removal database
- Develop information materials related to wildlife and highways
- Analyze wildlife data and summarize in tables and graphs.
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest wildlife, their ecology, life history, and behavior
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions for up to 5 hours a day
- Ability to walk over rough terrain carrying 50 lbs.
- At least one college level statistics course
- Capable user of computers and Microsoft Office software
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing in English
- Possess a valid Washington State driver’s license
To Apply: Submit letter of interest and resume (by mail or email), by June 10, 2017 to:
Washington State Department of Transportation
310 Maple Park SE
Olympia WA 98504-7331