Hancock Forest Management
Southern Oregon Region
Location: Medford, OR
To Apply: Please apply online or send a cover letter, resume, and transcript in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to
email@example.com by 8/11/2017. Please include salary requirements.
Hancock Forest Management, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Natural Resource Group, is seeking a qualified forester to join the team in Medford, Oregon. This position supports all forest management operations on approximately 130,000 acres in Southern Oregon.
General Directive: This position will have responsibilities for harvesting operations related activities which will include harvest planning, harvest layout, budgeting, permitting, and contract supervision. Other duties include assisting with oversight and development of road construction and silviculture activities. Interaction with BLM /US Forest Service and other cooperators regarding road use and license development related to log hauling may be required.
- The Southern Oregon Region encompasses approximately 130,000
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies, concerned stake holders, HFM staff, and HTRG staff.
- Harvest operations, transportation systems, and overall land
- Assist with silviculture and support all facets of various programs as
- Assist with road construction and road maintenance as
- Develop a familiarity with timberland accounting, inventory/GIS, silviculture operations permitting, and general forestry
- Position reports to Southern Oregon region
- Implement and adhere to risk management and safe work
- Assist in harvest planning, unit layout, contracting, and administration.
- Assist with road planning, layout, contracting, and
- Assist with silviculture planning, layout, contracting, and
- Assist with the development of budgets and
- Insure Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
- Basic mapping tasks with
- Support HNRG groups such as Acquisitions, Client Account Group, etc. as
- Special projects as requested or
- A bachelor’s degree in Forest Management, Forest Engineering or closely related field.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ARC/GIS skills.
- Team player with ability to work with others’ needs and personalities.
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Hancock Forest Management offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.