Customer Service Specialist 2 – Animal Services
The Washington State Department of Agriculture services the people of Washington by supporting the agricultural community and promoting consumer and environmental protection.
The Livestock Identification Program, part of the Animal Services Division within the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) has one non-permanent, full time opportunity available for a Customer Service Specialist 2. This is a customer-facing position, so you should expect to work during core business hours at our headquarters in downtown Olympia.
As one of our Customer Service Specialists, you will be providing assistance and problem resolution to internal and external customers, assisting the Fiscal Technician with accounts receivable and conducting a variety of other administrative duties.
Your daily work will include answering customer inquiries via phone and email, processing and shipping customer and field staff requests for documents and office supplies, processing lifetime horse identification cards, arranging and processing travel for staff, and more! You should have a high degree of personal accountability and a keen attention to detail since this position is responsible for helping keep the office running smoothly and ensuring staff and customer needs are met.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer and retrieve phone and email messages for the Livestock Inspection Program.
- Process and ship all customer and field staff supply requests for documents, office supplies, etc.
- Process customer requests for certified copies of livestock inspection certificates.
- Process, create, and mail lifetime horse identification cards sold by certified veterinarians.
- Process, catalog and forward missing and stolen livestock reports to stakeholders and field staff.
- Maintain up to date contact information for field staff.
- Process special sale permits, coordinating with field supervisors for inspection coverage.
- Research inspection information for inspection violations.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Arrange and process all livestock inspection staff travel.
- Process and ship all new certified veterinarian start-up kits.
- Issue license renewal notices for certified veterinarians.
- Manage hard-copy livestock inspection certificate books using tracking software.
- Audit returned certificate books from staff and certified veterinarians and work to resolve any errors or questions.
- Serve as Pisces timekeeper for all program staff and selected division staff.
- Enter unpaid inspections into QuickBooks and conform accurate amounts are applied to customer accounts.
- Scan all inspections entered into QuickBooks and file for retention.
Our ideal candidate will have skills in the following:
- Customer Focus – builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization. Able to positively interact and work productively with customers, stakeholders and other agency staff.
- Skilled communicator – the ability to work in a diverse and sensitive political environment; able to communicate orally and in writing using language appropriate for the audience.
- Accountability and Dependability – takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves result with little oversight.
- Adaptability and Flexibility – able to adapt to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
- Teamwork – promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Fiscal Accountability – follows fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the livestock industry
- One year of professional experience using QuickBooks Pro
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate’s degree plus two years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
- Four years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must complete your careers.wa.gov profile and attach a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities match what we are looking for.
To take advantage of Veteran’s preference, please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22. Please blackout your social security number and date of birth before attaching.
The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications received via e-mail will not be accepted in lieu of applying through the state’s on-line recruitment system.
If you are unable to apply on-line, please contact Lyndsey Beaupre, Recruiter, at (360) 902-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line of your email.
The final candidate will be required to successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment. Information received from the background check does not automatically make a candidate ineligible for employment.
There may be occasional travel to an off-site meeting or training, but travel is not a normal part of the job.
The State of Washington actively supports diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who need assistance in the application process or who need this announcement in an alternative format may call (360) 902-2020 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388.
- State of Washington
View Job Posting for Agency Information
View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
- View Posting for Agency Contact