Ecotourism Development Planning Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Ecotourism Development Planning Specialists, with at least two years working background in ecotourism project planning and implementation, are needed to help the municipalities with the review, enhancement and implementation of their Ecotourism Plans. Volunteers will conduct field visits and data gathering with targeted communities and stakeholders. The PCRVs will also conduct workshops, training and other related activities for the enhancement of the plan. In addition, the PCRVs will assist the municipality in outsourcing and funding activities from other agencies. The goal of this project is to develop enhanced comprehensive ecotourism development plans for each Municipal Tourism Council.
Please note these are approximate departure dates and may change.
• At least two (2) years working background in ecotourism project planning and implementation
• A team player who can work well with counterparts and the local communities
• Must have ability to work in multi-cultural setting
• Excellent people skills with demonstrated flexibility and patience
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America’s diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Considerations in Philippines
- Philippines may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: insulin-dependent diabetes; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: Adderall, Ritalin and Vyvanse.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: gluten, peanuts, and shellfish.
- After arrival in Philippines, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.
Before you apply, please also review Important Medical Information for Applicants [PDF] to learn about other health conditions typically not supported in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.