- 06-Feb-2018 to 06-Mar-2018 (PST)
- GIS/Data Management
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
FLO Analytics (FLO) is a growing professional services and technology company specializing in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analytics services. FLO works with school districts, government, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. To support these efforts, we are seeking a full-time GIS Analyst in our Seattle office focused on government and utility related work, in addition to our core business functions applied to a variety of industries and projects.
As a GIS Analyst, you will serve as a key member of the FLO team and will support project management, technical work, marketing, and business development. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organization skills, and experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Additionally, you will think outside the box, take initiative in a variety of situations, and effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in person. As a GIS Analyst, you will:
- Consult with end users, clients and customers to determine GIS and system information needs.
- Gather requirements, determine scopes, and estimate hours needed to develop and deliver custom geospatial solutions to our customers, plus manage projects through their entire lifecycle.
- Identify, recommend, and assist with implementing improvements to system designs and processing methodologies to improve workflow efficiency, scalability, and reliability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal and external team members and occasionally third party vendors, sometimes as project lead, and other times under other team member leadership.
- Advise, train, mentor, and learn from team members on business development, technical, and client sectors topics.
- Assist in the development and implementation of emerging solutions across client sectors.
- Coordinate with FLO’s marketing coordinator and other senior/principal staff in the development of ongoing marketing strategies.
- Network in pursuit of new work throughout the Northwest, including attendance at tradeshows to market company services.
- Participate in internal marketing and business development meetings.
Please apply if you have a strong client focus and the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree from a U.S. accredited college or university in geography, planning, environmental studies/science, computer science, or a related field with an emphasis in GIS and/or data analytics.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a GIS Analyst or equivalent.
- Proficient working with Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop suite and extensions
- Experience conducting needs assessment and/or defining end use requirements for services and products.
- Experience managing projects, including successful alignment of scope of works, budgets, and staff resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance and in a collaborative group environment.
- Willingness to work overtime and travel as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as an individual contributor on a transparent, agile team.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- A graduate certificate and/or degree in GIS or related field.
- Experience providing GIS consulting services to a local government or utility and/or working for a government or utility entity as a GIS analyst, coordinator or similar.
- Experience in working with and providing a broad range of GIS services, including environmental, planning, and utility datasets.
- Experience developing and implementing asset management related applications and associated databases.
- Experience with permitting and financial systems.
- Experience in business development in the GIS consulting industry.
- Experience with Esri’s extensions, including Business Analyst.
- Experience in working with Esri’s AGO, ArcGIS Server, and Web APIs.
- Experience with other non-Esri data analytic, blending, and visualization solutions (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau).