15162 / WET Science Center Receptionist
If the Apply Online! button is available above, click it to submit your resume directly to this employer. If it is not, please read the Application Instructions below for details on how to send your resume to the employer.
Responsible for a variety of communications and administrative tasks supporting LOTT’s WET Science Center, including but not limited to the following functions:
• Serve as main greeter and initial point of contact for LOTT’s Regional Services Center and WET Science Center;
• Support education staff with overseeing the WET Center’s exhibit gallery and classroom, and interacting with visitors of all ages to facilitate learning;
• Answer and/or direct queries from the public, staff, and customers;
• Answer multi-line telephone system, route calls, accurately record messages, and ensure appropriate staff members receive messages and inquiries;
• Provide general support of the exhibit gallery such as stocking brochures and giveaways, tidying and cleaning exhibits, etc.;
• Provide general administrative and clerical support such as proofreading, data entry, making copies, etc.;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Individuals in this position work in a science center environment that is often noisy and subject to frequent work interruptions. Working with children of all ages is a large part of this job. Work may require sitting for extended periods.
• Welcoming, friendly demeanor;
• Strong team player;
• Calm and flexible when facing changing conditions;
• Punctual and reliable attendance;
• Function well independently;
• Strong communication skills for a variety of audiences;
• Proficiency with multi-line phones;
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions;
• Ability to interact positively and communicate educational messages with diverse individuals, using tact, patience, and courtesy to maintain effective public relations;
• Contribute to a supportive, productive, and positive workplace;
• Knowledge of standard office principles, procedures, and practices.