Tumwater-Learning Assistant-FRESH Counselor (New Market Skills Center) 2017-18
- FOR BEST CONSIDERATION, APPLY BY 4PM on Friday, May 25, 2018.
- This is a summer only position (July 2 – August 28, 2018)
- Hours of work: 8:30AM-4:00PM
- Location: FRESH Farm, 1436 Linwood Ave SW, Tumwater, WA 98512
- Required Attachments:
- Letter of interest
- Two classified reference forms or letters
The job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
New Market Skills Center and the Tumwater School District are accepting applications for a Learning Assistant (FRESH Counselor) for the 2018 summer session. We are interested in staff who are committed to students and to a continuing program of personal and professional growth.
Tumwater F.R.E.S.H. (Farm Rooted Education for Sustainability and Health) is a GRuB-inspired youth employment training and leadership development program. During the FRESH summer program, 24+ youth will invest in their personal growth by growing food for their community, stewarding public park land, and engaging in service-oriented learning. Counselors are an integral part of a program leadership team that is designed to mentor youth in their personal growth and model how to cultivate a respectful, supportive, and empowering work community.
It is the Mission of New Market Skills Center to provide a positive, industry supported and aligned learning environment where students are encouraged and expected to achieve their highest potential through rigorous career, technical and academic preparation programs.
- Examples of Duties
- Typical Responsibilities:
- Model positive leadership and work ethic to 24+ youth during farm tasks
- Assist with prep and delivery of workshops and leadership development activities
- Hands-on sustainable agricultural work and modeling best practices
- Mentor youth toward their personal goals within the program
- Organize and appropriately maintain farm equipment and resources
- Typical Qualifications
- Professional Qualifications:
- Experience in youth leadership program delivery
- Team leadership experience demonstrating good communication and motivational skills, a positive attitude and good work ethic
- A valid driver’s license with a minimum of one year of driving experience and ability to secure a type II certification
- First Aid/CPR Certification (can be obtained upon starting)
- Two excellent professional references
- Supplemental Information
2018 summer hourly pay $15.60-$18.12 depending on experience
Contract Days: July 2 – August 28
Contract Hours: Training week: July 2 – July 6, hours TBD (no training Wednesday, July 4)
Program dates: July 9 – August 24, (Mon. Tues. Wed. Fri.), 8:30am-4:00PM
Staff wrap-up dates: August 27 & 28, hours TBD
- For best consideration – apply by Friday, May 25, 2018
- In person interviews will take place the first week of June, notification of hiring will occur shortly thereafter.
The Tumwater School District No. 33 reserves the right to select for interviews only those applicants who, in the judgment of district officials, appear to be qualified for the job opening. A copy of the job description for the position is attached to this announcement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Tumwater School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator: Chris Woods, 360-709-7030, email@example.com and Section 504 Coordinator: Tammie Jensen-Tabor, 360-709-7040, firstname.lastname@example.org Address: 621 Linwood Avenue SW, Tumwater, WA 98512
TUMWATER SCHOOL DISTRICTStatement of BenefitsEligibility for benefits is based upon the number of hours worked or the percentage of the full-time contract. Benefits offered may include retirement, medical, dental, life, vision, and long-term disability, as applicable.Upon hire, new employees are provided with a comprehensive orientation at which time the benefits are reviewed.
- Public Schools Personnel Co-op
6005 Tyee Drive SW
Tumwater, Washington, 98512