Grays Harbor National Wildlife Refuge
Has 1 opening for an AmeriCorps Member to serve as the Refuge’s
Environmental Education Coordinator
Grays Harbor National Wildlife Refuge in Hoquiam Washington is seeking a qualified individual to work as the Refuge’s Environmental Education Coordinator. The work involves management of school field trips, classroom lessons, teacher training, and education program development. Position office is in Olympia, Washington.
- A degree in education, environmental education, Biology, or similar
- Experience working with students, teachers, and volunteers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- The ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
This person serves as an AmeriCorps member administered by the Washington State Employment Security Department and must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to serve 40 hrs/week, ~September, 2018 – July, 2019
- Must have good driving record and be willing to make frequent trips from Olympia to a number of Grays Harbor County Schools.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a National, or Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED, or agree to obtain one while serving.
- Earn *$1203/month living stipend* (approximate amount based on last year’s figures)
- Are covered by health insurance and Labor and Industries Insurance
- Receive an Education Award of *$5,815 for prior student loans or future education (approximate amount based on last year’s figures)
- May postpone student loan repayments while employed
Mail or e-mail resume to:
Jennifer Cutillo, Visitor Services Manager
Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually NWR, 100Brown Farm Rd. Olympia, WA 98516; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call
(360) 753-9467 or visit https://washingtonservicecorps.org