Environmental Services Jobs
Fish Handling Technicians (multiple, temporary positions)
Mt. Vernon, Washington
Hamer Environmental L.P., a Washington based environmental consulting firm, is looking to hire temporary help for a larger fish handling project expected to occur for a week-long (7 to 8-day period) at the end of July 2018. Preferred candidates will have a background in environmental biology or fisheries and be physically able to carry up to 30-pound buckets over rough terrain in sometimes adverse conditions.
• Assist with capture and handling of fish in an active construction site;
• Comply with all safety requirements identified by the crew lead;
• Assist in identification, recording, and safe release of captured fish from site;
• Conduct work as needed in adverse weather and rough terrain.
Education and Experience:
• Experience and/or training in fisheries or aquatic surveys in the Pacific Northwest;
• A.A., B.S. degree, or working toward a degree in an environmental discipline.
Skills to identify Pacific Northwest freshwater fish species are preferred. Must be comfortable working in a remote field setting and have a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively and function as part of a team.
$15-$20 per hour, depending on experience
This is a temporary project position. We also provide lodgings, vehicles, training, equipment, and a daily per diem for food during the project.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kristin Murray: Kristin@HamerEnvironmental.com